Dairy Free Breakfast is a tough time of day to get healthy fun and exciting. Pancakes the classic breakfast food require butter or shortening and milk. Overnight oats put protein which many people are missing on their weekday breakkie inside a bowl with cereals and chia flaxseed and sometimes even cold milk. So kick off your Saturday morning with these top 10 recipes.
1. GELatious Protein Hot Cereal with Apple Cinnamon and Honey by The Cookie Rookie
2. Buttered Toast and Berry Oats by The Pioneer Woman
3. Post-Workout Guilt Busting Mixed Berry Chocolate Chia Porridge (V) by Sonia from Veggie Inspired Martha Stewart
4. Slideshow: Weekend Oatmeal
What is a dairy-free diet?
A dairy-free diet excludes all types of dairy product including milk, cheese, ice cream, yogurt and sour cream. While it is not necessary to avoid all dairy products, a dairy-free diet can help reduce inflammation and help regulate blood sugar levels.
Best Dairy-Free Breakfast Recipes:
1. Easy Vegan Blueberry Pancakes: These grain-free pancakes are fluffy and delicious and perfect for a quick breakfast or snack!
2. Pumpkin Spice Quinoa Oats: This cozy oatmeal is perfect for chilly mornings! It’s packed with pumpkin flavor and topped with melted vegan cheese and pumpkin seeds.
3. Simple Grain-Free Scones with Flaxseed: Hearty scones made with whole grain flour, flaxseed meal and almond milk are perfect for a quick breakfast on the go!
4. Chia Seed Breakfast Pudding: This healthy and satisfying breakfast pudding is chock full of antioxidants, fiber, protein and omega-3 fatty acids!
5. Instant Pot Sweet Potato Hash Brown Quiche: Soft quiche made with shredded sweet potatoes, onions, garlic, herbs and spices in an Instant Pot for a quick and easy breakfast dish!
Benefits of a vegan diet
There are many benefits to a vegan diet, the most notable of which is the lack of harm caused to animals. A vegan lifestyle is also incredibly healthy, containing little in the way of saturated fat or cholesterol. Below are some delicious vegan breakfast recipes that will get you started on your day.
Banana Bread Buttermilk Waffles with Dried Cranberries and Maple Syrup
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup granulated sugar
Fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
Heat 1 tablespoon oil or buttery spread in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. they might look like they are sealed but often their mouths are so loose they fall open just wash up good! If that happens try running them under hot water to seal
What foods to eat on a vegan or dairy-free diet?
One consideration for those following a vegan or dairy-free diet is what foods to eat for breakfast. Here are some recipes for satisfying breakfasts that fit either diet.
A Simple Breakfast Burrito: Start with a soft tortilla wrap, layer in cooked beans, scrambled tofu, avocado, sprouts, and salsa. Roll it up and enjoy!
Vegan Quiche Lorraine: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spread a layer of firm tofu cheese over the bottom of an oven-safe pie dish. Next spread a layer of diced tomatoes over the tofu cheese. Finally spread a layer of ground flaxseeds on top of the tomatoes. Bake until quiche is browned and bubbling, about 50 minutes. Serves 6-8.
Omelet with Veggies: In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 beaten egg and ½ cup (120 ml) water. Combine 2 cups (240 grams) chopped vegetables – such as bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach – with 1 tablespoon olive oil or plant-based mayonnaise. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and stir gently to combine. Cook over low heat until the omelet