Creme De Mure Even though I usually save Jolly Rancher candies from Christmas. There was one day when I felt like getting something more than just the occasional treat. When it came around that my pleasure was about to be over. I turned to drawing on Pinterest and soon found myself clicking away at top-down castles and lake scenes. After awhile I began to feel as though we were done, but then realized that it could be left as is.
What is Creme De Mûre?
Creme De Mûre is a berry liqueur that is made from blackberries. The liqueur is composed of 54% blackberry puree 36% brandy and 2% pimento dram. It has a thick, dark color and a robust, fruity flavor. The liqueur is best served in a over ice with a twist or mixed into your favorite cocktail. Creme De Mûre is the following:Organic St. Croix Blackberry Juice 100%Organic Clear Corn All Natural Flavored Alcohol (grain neutral)Cane Sugar from Caribbean cane sugar.Coconut Oil from virgin, cold pressed coconut oil
This liqueur is distilled pure cane sugar and pure blackberry juice. Creme De Mûre contains no other ingredients such as preservatives or artificial additives. The liqueur has a dark and silky taste, great alone or in mixed drinks.
How to make Creme De Mûre
- Start with blackberries that have been prepped and processed in a blender or food processor. If you want a smoother liqueur, you may want to strain the berries first.
- Add alcohol (gin, vodka, rum) to the blender or food processor and blend until combined. You may need to adjust the amount of alcohol depending on your preference for strength.
- Pour mixture into a small saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until it starts to simmer. Cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Tips and tricks to make cocktails with creme de mûre
Adding creme de mûre to cocktails can dramatically improve their flavor and complexity. Here are some tips for making the perfect drinks with this unexpected liqueur:
- Use a sweet-tasting vodka like Grey Goose. Increases the sweetness of the drink while also amplifying the mûre’s fruity flavors.
- Start with a simple cocktail like a Manhattan, but swap out the rye for a sweeter bourbon like Jim Beam. This will add depth of flavor and complexity to the drink.
- Use less creme de mûre if you want to keep the drink simpler. Add enough to give it a nice flavor kick without overwhelming your mixology skills or taste palette. Too much creme de mûre will overpower all other flavors in your drink!
- Experiment with different combinations of gin, bourbon, and creme de mûre, and see what you come up with! No two cocktails are ever the same when you include this unique liqueur in them.
My Blackberry cocktail recipe
If you love Blackberry liqueur but feel like your cocktails don’t quite hit the mark, then give my recipe a try. It’s simple and easy to follow, and will have you enjoying your Blackberry tipples in no time.
Then you should definitely give creme de mûre a try. This liqueur is tart and savory, with just a touch of sweetness. It pairs wonderfully with sweet and savory cocktails alike. so be sure to explore its flavors when concocting your next shaken drink. One of the most striking formulations calling for creme de mûre available today is this Marshmallow Rolo Pizza recipe from the Skinny Taste blog . Spinach, egg and low-fat cheese form a base for decadent golden crispy bites atop slices of sourdough bread. If you’re not keen on spending the time peeling an entire sheet of marshmallows by hand or breaking open whole